2020 NAPPN Early Career Scientist Award
Dr. Alexander Bucksch
Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources; Institute of Bioinformatics
Department of Plant Biology
University of Georgia
NAPPN Awards Rubric
- Nomination letter
- Letters of support
- Important contributions to plant phenotyping in areas of data analytics, engineering, modeling, physiology, plant breeding, plant sciences, remote sensing, or allied related disciplines
- Increasing the visibility of plant phenotyping (peer reviewed publications, presentations, social media, popular press, service)
- Supporting research between public and private sectors
- Developing (or following) data standard best management practices
- Leading in novel research
- Transdisciplinary engagement
NAPPN Early Career Scientist Six Finalists
- Dr. Alex Bucksch – Plant Biology; University of Georgia.
- Dr. Malia Gehan – Donald Danforth Plant Science Center.
- Dr. Kaiyu Guan – Natural Resources and Environmental Sciences; University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- Dr. Daniel Robertson – Mechanical Engineering; University of Idaho.
- Dr. Ian Stavness – Computer Science; University of Saskatchewan.
- Dr. Larry York – Root Phenomics Laboratory; Noble Research Institute.