NAPPN Equity, Inclusion and Diversity (EID) Committee
The North American Plant Phenotyping Network (NAPPN) is committed to transforming the plant phenotyping community into one that promotes social justice and freedom from oppression, including but not limited to, racism, sexism, ageism, and ableism. We support and encourage diversity among our members and in all staff, volunteers, and audiences, including full participation in programs, conferences, policy formulation, and decision-making. We are committed to equitable treatment and elimination of discrimination in all its forms.
NAPPN EID Committee Charge
The committee charge is as follows:
- Develop a NAPPN Equity, Inclusion and Diversity organizational mission statement.
- Develop a NAPPN Equity, Inclusion and Diversity plan.
- Coordinate with the Executive Committee and other NAPPN groups to inform and encourage engagement in strategic dialogues on matters of Equity, Inclusion and Diversity
- Promote educational and training opportunities in diversity, equity and inclusion
- Provide ongoing status reports to the Board and the membership on discussions about community climate, the implementation of the Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Strategic Plan, and the work of Committee.
NAPPN EID Invitation for Nominations (for when we do elections)
On behalf of the NAPPN Executive Board and NAPPN membership, we would like to invite you to nominate individuals to serve on the inaugural NAPPN Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Committee. The role of this committee is to advise the organization on developing a plant phenotyping community that values other perspectives and is inclusive of all voices. Committee members will be elected by the NAPPN membership and will serve a term of 1-3 years
|Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Committee|